This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #QuiltedHoliday #CollectiveBias
It’s that time of year!! The holidays are coming. Are you ready to have guests?? My girlfriend is hosting Friendsgiving this year, so we decided to find ways to spruce up the bathroom that guests will be using, which is also the main bathroom for the kids. If you have ever had guests before one thing you never want to run out of is … toilet paper!!
Target is one of my favorite stores to go shopping at. I mean, what other fun store can you go to for bathroom decor, seasonal house decor, and essentials for you as well for the house!! I picked up the Quilted Northern® Mega Rolls. They are four regular rolls in one – so they last longer, meaning you can change the roll less often than before, which is crucial when you have a house full of guests. I don’t know about you, but my house will be full this holiday season, and I want to keep my guest space perfect and put together. Quilted Northern® Mega Rolls mean a fuller roll and fewer roll changes (because no one wants their guest to experience a bath tissue run out!). You really can’t go wrong with changing the roll less often right?? Plus you can grab this great Cartwheel offer thru 11/29 -> here!!
Now before starting, we stripped the bathroom down to NOTHING, got rid of clutter, including the kids’s stuff, so we could see the bare bones of what we were working with. Next up we measured and headed off to the home improvement store to get our supplies!!
DIY Bathroom Mirror Frame Supplies:
- Miter saw
- Pre-primed flooring trim (You should be able to find this in the Mill-works Department of your hardware store)
- Paintable quick dry caulking
- Fast drying adhesive (It’s an alternative to nails)
- Stackable blocks (optional)
- White latex gloss paint
- Paint brushes
DIY Bathroom Mirror Frame Instructions:
- Measure your mirror prior to heading to the home improvement store. We drew ours out so we could remember the visual of where we had measured at on mirror.
- Our piece of the flooring trim was originally about 16 feet long. In the store, we cut it down to 6-foot- and 7-foot-pieces to make it fit in the car better. Plus, at our store, you pay for the trim by the amount of feet purchased, so we saved some money too.
- Now when it comes to the adhesive, you want fast drying so you don’t have to remove the mirror and clamp the flooring to it. The fast drying grabs it on and helps it not to move off of the mirror. Also be sure that the caulking you grab is able to be painted on so it will be easy to cover up.
- When you get home, double check your measurements, and, using a miter saw, cut 45-degree angles to fit the pieces around the mirror.
- Use the adhesive on the back of the pieces. We started with the bottom piece of the mirror.
- Attach each side onto the mirror as well. We made sure we kept pulling the pieces down to line them up. The closer they are, the less caulking you will have to use.
- Now you may enjoy this. Yes, we used building blocks to stack up and support the bottom of the mirror. This helped to stop the other pieces’ weight from pushing down onto the bottom frame piece.
- After about an hour, start to fill your 45-degree angles with caulking to create a seamless meeting spot for the frame.
- Once the caulking has dried (we used quick dry so it was about an hour), paint the frame the color you want. We painted it white because it will pop after the whole bathroom update is done.
- You could paint an extra design on the mirror frame or paint it however you want to fit your bathroom theme and décor!!
- Enjoy your new mirror frame!
As you can see the DIY Mirror Frame added a great touch to the bathroom and gave it a great update too. It was pretty easy to do, plus we got it done with kids running around the house as well. There are so many easy ways to update a bathroom for your holiday guests.
- A new shower curtain can change the whole look for a bathroom.
- New towels can add a great pop of color for the room, especially if it is an enclosed bathroom.
- A good wipe down of all walls and floorboards can add a freshness to the bathroom.
- Accent candles or tart warmers can add a fresh scent.
- Painting a cabinet can really update it as well.
Plus you can enter to win below to win Target Gift Cards!!!
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Simple Ways To Live A Healthy Lifestyle - August 17, 2017
- Amazing Crock Pot Tailgating Recipes! - August 15, 2017
- Low Smartpoints Snacks For Weight Watchers Under 3 Points - August 8, 2017