This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Walmart Family Mobile. All opinions are mine alone. #AngryForSavings #CollectiveBias
It is no secret with three kids, their school schedules, soccer, and working, we don’t often get to spend a quiet evening at home!! Thankfully, soccer practice was canceled this past week because of Michael’s tournament so I had a night with all three kids at home. One of our favorite things to do is to have a family movie night. The kids love to pop their own popcorn and lately we have fallen in love with finding new ways to make popcorn besides just adding butter.
Recently with all of Michael’s soccer games and practices, I realized we could benefit from him having a phone in case another parent takes him to a game or practice. That way, he would be able to get a hold of me if I wasn’t with him. I didn’t want to have a contract since this won’t be an all year necessity. I was excited we found the Coolpad Catalyst for $59.88 at Walmart — and the starter kit is on Rollback for only $19.88, meaning you can start service on ANY plan today for $19.88!! I picked Walmart Family Mobile PLUS with Unlimited Talk, Text, and Data with 10GB 4G LTE for $49.88. My favorite part is it comes with a free movie (rental, new release = $7 value) on VUDU every month, per line, that you can watch via SmartTV, Roku, via Chromecast, etc. With the data he is also able to entertain himself in the car on the way to his tournaments, and it’s great for keeping him still between games to relax his muscles as well!!
Be sure to head on over ->here to see if Walmart is hosting an in-store event where you can meet a Walmart Family Mobile rep. This event will have a code that you can scan to receive a free power up for the Endless Runner Game on the Angry Birds Action! Be sure to scan the Angry Birds code on the Angry Birds displays to unlock a selfie augmented reality experience with the Hatchlings.
Disclaimer: All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to http://cbi.as/4q-u1 or your local Walmart for current pricing.
For this movie night, I thought it would be fun to make fun trays for everyone to enjoy their treats! I decided to surprise the kids with the treat. We picked up all our popcorn supplies while we were at Walmart, then headed home. The kids had no idea we were going to buy the movie Angry Birds and have an Angry Birds movie night. They went outside to play for a bit and I got to work on their surprise!!!
The dollar store had some cute baskets, cups, and popcorn holders. Now, I don’t know about you, but my kids do not like to share popcorn so each having a tray was a fun way to have their own treats. Since we were watching Angry Birds, I made colored popcorn to match the movie, plus added some colored chocolate candies as well!
Colored Popcorn Ingredients:
- 16 oz. of white vanilla almond bark
- Food coloring
Colored Popcorn Directions:
- Pop your popcorn. I used an air popper and made sure to not grab any unpopped kernels from the bottom of the bowl.
- Create a double burner by putting a glass measuring cup inside a small pan with boiling water. Melt your almond bark in the measuring cup, making sure to keep the melting consistent. Also, avoid getting any water in your almond bark or it will seize.
- In a bowl, place your popcorn. Quickly mix the bark with food coloring, while still in the double burner, then spread the mixture over your popcorn. The food coloring will cause the bark to seize a bit and get thick, but you can still spread it around the popcorn.
- Spread the popcorn on a wax-lined cookie sheet, so the bark can set and harden a bit.
- Serve!!! (Don’t be afraid to sample immediately! It’s really tasty warm too!)
The kids loved the trays and had a blast watching the movie! Each picked their own tray, which had a color that matched their favorite character from the movie! We will be using these again for movie night. As a mom, I love that it controlled how much snack they were having.
Which color Angry Bird would you be? What movie from your VUDU credit from → Walmart Family Mobile would you rent?
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Activities for Under $10 That Kids Will Love To Do! - February 20, 2017
- Easy Family Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Easy Valentines Day Popcorn! - February 13, 2017