I have been compensated by Immaculate Baking for this post; however, I am sharing my own thoughts. All opinions are my own.
It’s the holiday season and my favorite thing about this time of year is the baking!! I remember growing up, that no matter where we were stationed at my mom baking would bake up a storm for friends at the base, neighbors, my dad’s squadrons, and for care packages. Just a couple weeks ago we baked up some different breads and the house just started to feel like the holidays! Well, no surprise this past weekend was Thanksgiving so we were baking up a storm on top of our holiday dishes for our friends that came over to watch football. This year my oldest Kylie has really taken to be more of a help in the kitchen, so this was the one of the perfect holiday dessert recipes to have her help me whip up!!
One good thing about going to soccer in different parts of our area we get to hit all sorts of stores!!! One of our favorites to stop at is Whole Foods, we are always stopping in to see what unique things they have at the store! The day we stopped in we were excited to find the Immaculate Baking Chocolate Chunk cookie dough at the store!!! (use the product locator-> here to see where you can pick up this dough) One of my mom’s favorite desserts is made with refrigerated cookie dough so we had to whip this up for our guests. Kylie has a friend who has a gluten allergy so she was over the moon excited to see these were gluten free!!! As long as you use a gluten-free pudding this would be a great gluten-free dessert.
Chocolate Chip Cake Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 packages of Immaculate Baking Chocolate Chunk cookie dough (about 21 ounces worth)
- 8 oz of cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
- 1 pint of cold half and half
- 1 3.9 oz package of instant chocolate pudding
- *optional nuts or other chocolate toppings
Chocolate Chip Cake Directions:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Shape you Immaculate Baking Chocolate Chunk cookie dough into a big ball. *I had six cookies left so we put those in the oven to snack on while we were finishing this off*
- Use a rolling pin and a smidge of flour (use a gluten free flour if needed) on the rolling pin roll out your dough onto a pizza stone
- This was a bit tricky you need to do it fast before the dough warms a lot. I spun the pizza stone while she rolled the dough out.
- Bake in the oven once rolled out for about 10-12 minutes
- Remove when cooked
- While your cookie is cooling off in a bowl beat together the 1/3 cup of sugar and the cream cheese together
- For this part the cookie needs to be cooled, ours chilled pretty fast with the slider open
- Spread your cream cheese layer all over the cookie within a 1/2 inch of the edge of the cookie
- After you have your cream cheese spread on start to make the chocolate pudding
- In a small bowl whisk together the pint of half and half and the instant chocolate pudding
- Wisk for two minutes *if you are baking with a kid be sure you whisk it some Kylie kept missing parts of the pudding on the edge of the bowl*
- Once your pudding is prepared spread it on top of the cream cheese layer
- Chill and serve to your guests!!
- Optional you can top with other chocolates or nuts for extra flavor and kick
I mean can you just see the gooey goodness of this?? The pictures do not do this justice it is so soft and rich, have milk on hand for enjoying this treat!!
Be sure to check out more Immaculate Baking recipes -> here for inspiration for holiday dessert recipes!! What is your go-to holiday dessert?