This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareYourSpirit #CollectiveBias
We are loving the football season this year! The kids have decided that we will be making at least one new tailgating recipe each week as the season continues. As a busy mom I have been leaning towards easy recipes that require the least amount of work possible. The kids have come to realize how easy the crock pot is for me to use and the food is always amazing! This week we whipped up these Coca Cola Pulled Pork BBQ Sliders!
- Pork Shoulder Roast or Pork Butt Roast
- 1 or 2 Cans of Coca Cola
- BBQ Sauce (we used honey BBQ sauce)
- Minced Garlic
- Optional Seasonings of your choice (season all, smoke flavoring, etc)
- Spray the inside of the crock pot with a non-stick spray
- Place the roast in crock pot and cover with minced garlic, I like to spread mine on like a paste
- Next, pour in Coca Cola I used 1 ½ cans. This is based on the size of your roast. You want to make sure you are covering the bottom of the crock pot with liquid to keep the meat nice and moist.
- Finally, cover your crock pot with the lid and cook on low temperature setting for 6 to 8 hours.
- After 6 to 8 hours, use a meat thermometer to verify that your meat has reached a safe internal temperature of 160 °F.
- Once you have verified that your pork is finished cooking, carefully remove the meat from the crock pot. Place it on a plate large enough so you can shred the pork roast
- Using two forks pull the meat apart carefully and shred it. Another option is to use gloves to pull the meat into shreds
- Once the meat is shredded place it into a bowl to mix with BBQ sauce Add your sauce to the bowl and mix well with fork or your hands, ensure all the sauce is distributed well. If you want you can also pour in a bit more Coca Cola to give the meat more flavor.
- Now you are ready to scoop and serve!
- Place the pulled pork onto slider sized buns, you can use other buns, but my kids just love slider buns! They are the perfect size for their small hands.Serve with your favorite side dish, or in our case potato chips!
We were near a Sam’s club for one of Michael’s soccer games and decided to swing in and grab what we needed to make Coca Cola Pulled Pork BBQ Sliders. My kids love that the cans of Coca Cola we picked up in our 28 pack say to “Share a Coke with a Tailgater”. I love that Sam’s Club has an easy ‘order online and pick up in club option’. With three kids and a crazy schedule it’s nice to know that I can just run in and pick up my order. The 28 pack is just the right amount for a group getting together during the football season. It’s a perfect size for cooking and tailgating.
Plus what kind of tailgating party would it be with out any snacks? Our go to snacks are popcorn, chips, and candy so instead of using bowls we have prepacked little baggies of snacks for our game! Much easier to grab and keep on hand. Michael loves to have everything match foot ball plates, the Coke glasses for Coca Cola, so he was on a mission to make his snack match the plate!! So we whipped up some football snack bags!
- Paper Bag
- White Paint
- Paint Brush
Football Snack Bag Directions:
- Using the paint brush paint off two of the corners with a white line
- Then paint on the football laces in the middle
- Allow paint to dry and then fill with your favorite snack
- You can also decorate with team stickers, more drawings, write names, etc to personalize them
Who would you like to share a Coke with this football season?
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Simple Ways To Live A Healthy Lifestyle - August 17, 2017
- Amazing Crock Pot Tailgating Recipes! - August 15, 2017
- Low Smartpoints Snacks For Weight Watchers Under 3 Points - August 8, 2017