This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StimulateTheSenses #CollectiveBias
It’s that time of year. The slow pace of summer is gone and we are in full swing of back to school and soccer season! While I love this time of year, I have noticed this year has been a bit more stressful for my son Michael. I love finding ways to help him to relax. It is a lot of pressure to be in third grade and a soccer player!! Since the start of summer, he has had three practices a week. Now he is at three days of practice, one day clinic, and a game every week!! That is a lot of pressure on a kid — plus there’s the stress of school work.
I love shopping at Rite Aid for everything I need! I was so excited to find Nature’s Truth Essential Oils and a mini diffuser in the vitamin aisle! I chose to pick up the essential oil lavender to help him relax with soccer and at home! To pair up with my essential oil, I picked up a mini diffuser that plugs right into the wall to run before bed. How easy is that??
I am fairly new to essential oils, so I was excited when my girlfriend gave me the idea for a rice pillow to throw in his soccer bag. It has been fairly easy to tell that while his team has been doing great, he is feeling the pressure of the game and practice schedule!! I had no idea that lavender essential oils are so beneficial to help someone relax and stay calm. I took off to the craft store with Kylie, my oldest, to pick out material. She was so excited to be the one to hand-sew the pillow as well, so it was a win-win for me!!
DIY Rice Pillow Supplies:
- Fabric (We got black so it wouldn’t show dirt when he is touching it after playing on the field)
- White rice
- Nature’s Truth Essential Oils Lavender
- Sewing machine (Optional)
DIY Rice Pillow Directions:
- Cut your fabric to double the size of the pillow you want. (I did a larger pillow so we could layer it with his uniforms to help spread the lavender scent for game time.)
- Fold the fabric in half with the inside out. This will form an edge.
- Pin around the three open ends. (We used needles for this. You can use pins, but for some reason, I could not find mine that night.)
- Sew the sides, leaving a small opening in one corner. Unpin it and flip it right side out.
- Pour in rice for filling, then sew up the small opening you left to close to it completely.
- Put the desired amount of drops of Nature’s Truth Essential Oils Lavender onto the outside of the pillow and stick in the pillow in your bag.
How easy is this to make??
What do you do to help your soccer player relax? Head on over → here for more great ideas to incorporate Nature’s Truth Essential Oils into your life and be sure to grab this $1 Stimulate The Senses Coupon → here!!