Kids love fast food meals but some of them can be so unhealthy for them. The American Heart Association recommends that kids ages 4-8 should have 1,200-1,400 calories a day while kids ages 9-13 should have 1,600-1,800 calories a day. Considering that some options at Sonic combine to 870 calories and Dairy Queen combine to 1,080 calories, no wonder why parents try to steer clear of these places. However, there are healthier fast foods options for kids at most fast food restaurants.
- Burger King- Order 4 piece chicken nuggets, apple slices and Capri Sun apple juice. The total calories are 315; 190 in the chicken nuggets, 30 in the apple slices and 95 in the apple juice.
- Chick-fil-A- Order 4 piece grilled chicken nuggets, medium fruit cup and small fresh squeezed lemonade. The total calories are 270; 70 in the grilled nuggets, 50 in the fruit cup and 150 in the lemonade.
- McDonald’s- Order 4 piece chicken nuggets, Minute Maid apple juice, apple slices and Yoplait Go-GURT strawberry yogurt. The total calories are 335; 190 in the chicken nuggets, 80 in the apple juice, 15 in the apple slices and 50 in the yogurt.
- Jack in the Box- Order 2 piece grilled chicken strips, Chiquita apple bites with caramel dipping sauce and Minute Maid apple juice. The total calories are 280; 130 in the grilled strips, 70 in the apple bites and 80 in the apple juice.
- Wendy’s- Order 4 piece chicken nuggets, apple slices and low-fat milk. Total calories are 305; 180 in the chicken nuggets, 35 in the apple slices and 90 in the milk.
- Kentucky Fried Chicken- Order grilled drumstick, green beans, GoGo Squeez apple sauce and Capri Sun Roarin Water tropical fruit juice. The total calories are 205; 90 in the chicken drumstick, 25 in the green beans, 60 in the apple sauce and 30 in the fruit juice.
- Dairy Queen- Order kid’s chicken wrap, banana and Dasani bottled water. The total calories are 370; 260 in the chicken wrap, 110 in the banana and 0 in the water.
- Arby’s- Order Junior Roast Beef sandwich, GoGo Squeez apple sauce and Capri Sun fruit punch. The total calories are 350; 210 in the roast beef sandwich, 60 in the apple sauce and 80 in the fruit punch.
What are you kids favorites to grab as a healthier alternative when you are on the go?
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Activities for Under $10 That Kids Will Love To Do! - February 20, 2017
- Easy Family Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Easy Valentines Day Popcorn! - February 13, 2017