This is a sponsored post in partnership with The Network Niche Influencer Agency and Seeds of Change™
There is nothing better than being able to help make a difference in your community! I love when there are companies and organizations that make it easy and fun to help out. Have you heard of the Seeds of Change?? To sum it up the Seeds of Change™ delivers an annual Grant Program that benefits school and community gardening and farming programs in the United States in an effort to encourage Americans to adopt a healthier lifestyle. How cool is this? I know that our school is constantly facing budget cuts in programs that kids love, and a hands on project like this would be amazing for kids.
What have been the benefits of Seeds of Change??
- During the lifetime of the Grant Program to date, between 2012 and 2016, Seeds of Change™ Grant Program has awarded more than $1 million in grant funding, contributing to the health of communities through education, and increase healthy food consumption.
- The Brand estimates that more than 90 tons of produce has been grown by Grant recipients benefiting over 35,000 people across the nation.
- Many of its grant recipients donate the produce they grow to local food pantries. The Seed2Need program alone donated 70,000 lbs. in 2015.
- We estimate that Seeds of Change™ grant recipients have grown more than 90 tons of produce over the past five years.
How does the Seeds of Change grant program work?
The brand donates one percent of its net sales to fund the Seeds of Change™ Grant Program. This year, Seeds of Change™ is awarding $310,000 in grants to 24 garden projects around the country. This means that two schools and two communities will be awarded a total of $110,000 in grants. Plus 10 schools and 10 communities will be awarded a total of $200,000 in grants. Can you imagine the difference that this would make in programs at your school? The time to submit is over but now it is time to vote!!
Head on over -> here to vote thru April 19, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EDT!! You can pick from the Online gallery!! You will be able to help pick the Top 50 garden projects from which the 24 final grant recipients will be selected by voting for their favorites online. You may vote once per 24 hours, per entry. The judging phase will take place between April 24, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. EST and end when the winners are announced on May 8, 2017.
Plus you can try out this Seeds of Change® warm grain bowl with wild salmon, almonds and salsa verde!!
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Easy Cheesy Meatball Tater Tot Casserole - September 18, 2017
- Ways To Encourage And Support Your Student Athlete - September 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Spice Weight Watchers Muffins 1 PPV or 2 Smartpoints - September 10, 2017