There are many stores around that claim to be some sort of ‘dollar store’, and almost all of them are relevant for this article. Some stores have everything priced at just one dollar, while others will go up to a few dollars per item. While shopping for brand names it may not be possible to find what you are looking for at a dollar store, but when you have a basic list of things that you need, a dollar store will be your all in one stop. And they are even better if you can pair up their pricing with a coupon!!
- There are times when you need a lot of cleaning and organizing supplies. For example, when you move into a new home you’ll want to scrub everything down and organize as you move in. If you buy everything at the dollar store for this, from brooms and mops to organizing bins and cleaning supplies, you can throw things away when done using them (the things that get dirty) and not have to worry about it. Spending just $20 can get you all of the cleaning supplies that you would ever need, and at around $1 a piece, organizing bins are perfect for keeping your home tidy from the start. Be sure to see how I organzied our ->Spice Cabinets with containerizes from the dollar store!
- School is just around the corner! Do you plan on buying your child all of the brand names and the best of the best? No? Alright, then why not try the dollar store? Brand names are nice, and some things you just can’t buy cheap, but for basic items like pencils, erasers, pens, etc., you can purchase those at dollar stores for a fraction of what they would cost at other stores. Plus our dollar store carries brand name character crayons, books, and so much more we get there. Plus my youngest Bella loves to get the construction paper packs from there as well.
- So you’re having a birthday party for your little one? Check out the dollar store for your party supplies! From balloons and favor bags, to plates and napkins, they have just about every color and will save you a ton! Of course if you are doing a “theme” you may not be able to find specific things at the dollar store, but you can sure find certain colored things and plenty of supplies to make DIY décor! Plus these plates and cups are a great way to make -> meals more fun!
- Hair ties that your kids will lose in a day? Cotton balls? Qtips? Toothbrushes? Dollar store! They have tons of health and beauty items from hair accessories to bathroom necessities. At prices that you can’t beat, you can stock up on just about everything. It’s also great for vacation items and camping necessities. I have even found name brand makeup and tooth paste at the dollar store!
- Have you broken three plates in the past week? Need some tin foil or your favorite box of candy? This store will have all of your needs all in one place. They have some surprisingly cute dishes, and a wall of items and gadgets that you can use and fit in your kitchen drawer. Their candy selection is also quite impressive. I love their sandwich containers to, we have gotten several Disney and Marvel characters there.
So what are you waiting for? Head to your local dollar store right now! Stock up on those items that you always seem to be buying and save some money!