Disclaimer I was given a credit to Schawns for reviewing purposes. No monetary compensation was given and all opinions are mine and truthful to the experiences in my kitchen. The links in this post are affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link
I love tacos but get tired of ground beef and have completely fallen in love with these lime chicken tacos!!! I jumped at the chance to review Schwans and picked out their Live Smart Chicken. I love how they are individually packaged so I can pull out however many I need either just for me or the kids. I have used the Weight Watcher’s chicken breast but those are nowhere near the quality or texture of these.
I had never ordered from Schwans before, but I know my mom has before and I love their ice cream!!! I also know I have no self control so I opted for the chicken 🙂 Ordering online was super quick and easy to do plus they offer promo codes!! I was worried about delivery dates but they had a variety for me to pick from or I could opt for a cooler from them or leave one on my porch!! The driver was right within the window and extremely polite!! He gave me a catalog, an order form if I didn’t want to order online again, and also his number to get a hold of him with any questions!
I found the Lime Chicken Tacos on the Picky Palate and knew it was one I had to try!!! I used three chicken breasts to make these. I love how they were the right size to be sliced into strips of chicken to go in the salad and plan to use these to make chicken to go on my salads. This recipe only calls for three ingredients chicken, taco seasonings, and limes. (Plus taco fixings) The only things with points points value is the chicken meat and your shell or toppings!
Lime Chicken Taco Ingredients:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Taco Seasoning (I used my own -> Homemade Taco Seasoning )
Directions for Lime Chicken Tacos:
- Coat chicken breasts in taco seasoning (Use as much or as little as you want) I used a bowl to mix mine around in.
- Turn grill on or warm up pan
- Slice lime and squeeze over the chicken in the bowl. Again use as much or as little as you want. I made mine to wear there was a lot of lime juice in the bowl with the chicken.
- Cook your chicken!! Be sure to temp your chicken to make sure it has cooked through thoroughly. I used my -> EatSmart Precision Pro Digital Thermometer to verify the correct temperature.
My favorite part is I had hardly any dishes!!! I used my George Foreman GR10ABW Champ Grill with Bun Warmer, White to cook these. This was the best thrift store find for me at $1.50!!! I am actually watching for another one! I was able to get three chicken breasts on the grill. And I placed the tortillas on the top to warm them while the chicken cooked!
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Simple Ways To Live A Healthy Lifestyle - August 17, 2017
- Amazing Crock Pot Tailgating Recipes! - August 15, 2017
- Low Smartpoints Snacks For Weight Watchers Under 3 Points - August 8, 2017