Sugar Cookies have been the one Christmas tradition we have held up with the kids and the one they talk about the most through out the year!! And if we make them at any other time its all about the christmas cookies that Santa loves!! I lost our recipe we used the past three years (and I didn’t realize that until Christmas Eve!!!) so we tried All Recipes Best Rollout Cookies Ever! (I have included links to some great products that I have bought on my own to make my journey easier. You can buy them too through my online sales links.) Plus it was great that my KitchenAid or as we call him in our house “Big Red Muscles” was able to power thru a double batch with out stopping for a breath!!
- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnigh
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface ¼ to ½ inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. **I did 375 cause my oven seems to cook hot**
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
The Frosting is a recipe given to me by a good friend. I add more milk to mine at the end if it seems to thick. Then add food coloring. We do out little rubbermaid containers to put the colors in and use little plastic knives for the kids to frost. (we were running out of time on Christmas so I didn’t grab a pic of the frosting set up)
1 c vegetable shortening 4 c powdered sugar 1 tsp butter flavoring a couple drops (maybe 1/4 tsp) clear vanilla extract 4-6 tbsp heavy whipping cream (Or I use 2% milk) Mix together in a bowl! Add more milk if it comes out to thick. Then add color if you want and frost!
As you can see end result is awesome!!! The kids had a blast and they did a lot of measuring and counting. And color mixing on the frosting!!! And Santa enjoyed them as there was no leftovers this morning on his plate!
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Simple Ways To Live A Healthy Lifestyle - August 17, 2017
- Amazing Crock Pot Tailgating Recipes! - August 15, 2017
- Low Smartpoints Snacks For Weight Watchers Under 3 Points - August 8, 2017