This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AD #Tailgreatness #CollectiveBias
Have you been loving football this year? I love that there are sports year ’round that call for amazing food!! I mean, you can’t go wrong with getting together for a sporting event and good times with food. Plus, if your house is anything like mine, it leads to amazing food!! One of my new tools for making great tailgating food is a smoker. Talk about making flavorful meat! If you haven’t tried this out, you really are missing out! Like many other things in life, good food seems to have it’s own consequences. As I have gotten older, it has gotten worse. You guessed it — heartburn. If you have ever suffered from heartburn, you know how it can put a damper on your plans and even change your eating habits. Now you may remember when I shared the Bacon Wrapped Smokies that I love Nexium ® 24HR because it allows me to plan ahead a couple days and still eat this heartburn-inducing food during the football season!!
Now I always pick my Nexium ® 24HR up at Walmart. I love shopping there to save money and time!! But did you know thatNexium ® 24HR, with just one pill a day, gets you all-day, all-night protection from frequent heartburn? **Use as directed. *May take 1-4 days for full effect.* With football season getting in full swing, I made sure I picked up another Nexium 24HR capsules in the 42 count box. Gotta plan ahead for the season — and for my spicy smoked chicken wings.
Spicy Smoked Chicken Wings Ingredients:
- Wingettes (I love these since they have the little drumsticks in it as well.)
- Hot sauce of your choice
- Seasoning for chicken (I used a tequila lime BBQ rub, but you can use which ever you want.)
Spicy Smoked Chicken Wings Directions:
- Rub your chicken down with spice and allow to set while you do the rest of prep work for the smoker.
- Pull your water bin, chip holder, and racks out of your smoker and cap off the exhaust pipe.
- Fire the smoker up to start raising the temperature.
- Fill the water dish with water and the chip holder with smoker chips of your choice. I used apple disks to give a sweet flavor to the meat.
- Once your smoker gets hot, put in the chips so they can start to smoke. You may do this differently, but I like to get the chips hot and starting to smoke, then I put in the water dish.
- While waiting for a good smoke, spray down the racks to your smoker.
- Spread your chicken wings on your rack.
- Once you have a good smoke going, slide your wings in, close it up tight, and open up the smoke stack! I keep my smoker between 200 and 250 degrees.
- Keep an eye on your smoker. I set an alarm to check it every half hour. I did replace my smoking disks at about the 1.5 hour mark. You know your smoker and each will vary in how they smoke and what you want done.
- Remove once wings are at 160 degrees or more. Mine took about 2.5 hours.
Even though they are amazing without sauce, we are a sauce family!! Place your wings in a large bowl. We did one for hot sauce and one with BBQ sauce for the kids. Toss the wings in the sauce. Once you have your wings coated, plate and serve them. We love our wings with ranch, carrots, and celery!
Plus you can always make a fun platter of wings!! We love to eat family style, so we placed spicy on one side and BBQ on the other side and shared it while watching football!!
Do you suffer from heartburn?? Be sure to head on over -> here for special offers from Nexium ® 24HR so you can enjoy these spicy smoked chicken wings!
What is your favorite heartburn-causing tailgating food?
**“May take 1 to 4 days for full effect.” “Use as directed”**
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Easy Cheesy Meatball Tater Tot Casserole - September 18, 2017
- Ways To Encourage And Support Your Student Athlete - September 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Spice Weight Watchers Muffins 1 PPV or 2 Smartpoints - September 10, 2017