Do you ever look back at your high school and college years and think, “Man, dating was hard! So glad I don’t have to do that anymore!” Now that I am divorced and back in the dating pool, I can say, “Man this is even harder than before!” Plus there is now online dating, which wasn’t something I used last time around. Now I am trying to find a way to balance dating with life, with the kids’ schedules and extra circular activities, and, of course, work.
It seems like, when I was dating in my 20’s, dates were planned a week or two in advance. Now it seems like everything is last minute. It’s more of a “Hey wanna grab a bite tonight?” kind of thing. I don’t know about you, but 90% of the time I am rocking my “running pants, hoodie, no make up, pony tail” look, so this last minute thing can be rough! Now I make it a point to have on jeans and a cute top, even to soccer practice, because, well, who knows what rock Mr. Right could be hiding under! One thing that has helped me is my little secret weapon: the impromptu date night bag. It has saved me numerous times!
What is in my impromptu date night bag???
- Deodorant- We all know how nervous a girl can get before a date. An extra layer of protection is important.
- Clips- They’re an easy way to put up your hair that’s dressier than a ponytail.
- Mascara-The only kind of makeup I personally wear, plus eyes that pop are always nice.
- Chapstick- I am not a lipstick kind of girl, so this is a necessity for me. Plus, from being outside, I get chapped lips often.
- Extra® Gum– I am not always able to stop and brush my teeth before a date, so this is a great way to make sure I have fresh breath. Plus I can also share a piece with my date – especially if we split onion rings!
I love shopping at Walmart. It seriously makes my life easier and saves me so much time!! I was excited to see the new Extra® 35-Stick pack in Extra® Gum Spearmint and Extra® Gum Polar Ice® in the check out lane during a recent Walmart trip! A bigger pack means I can Give Extra®, Get Extra® when I need to and not run out. My purse is always a mess, so this new durable recycled packaging holds up amazingly.
Head on over → here to see fun ways to share your Extra®! What would you keep in an impromptu date night bag?
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Easy Cheesy Meatball Tater Tot Casserole - September 18, 2017
- Ways To Encourage And Support Your Student Athlete - September 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Spice Weight Watchers Muffins 1 PPV or 2 Smartpoints - September 10, 2017