If you are like me every once in a while you need to do something to freshen your home up more than just your normal cleaning around the house! If you break it up over the course of a week you can be done deep cleaning your home in just 7 days!! (I have included links to some great products that I have bought on my own to make my life easier. You can buy them too through my online sales links.) Sounds easy right? While doing each of these days be sure to take care of any clutter that you may find.
- Day 1– Drapes and blinds- The easiest way to deep clean drapes and blinds is by using the attachments on your vacuum cleaner. However, if they are extra dirty, you will need to take some additional steps to get them clean. You can take the drapes down and wash them. Blinds can be cleaned with a damp cloth.
- Day 2– Fans and light fixtures- While you probably use a feather duster to clean these items, you are going to have to do a bit more for the deep cleaning process. If your fans and/or light fixtures are up high, you may need a ladder to get up there and wipe with a damp cloth. Take the light fixture off and wash it with soap and water.
- Day 3– Bedrooms- Many people are shocked when they see all the dust bunnies that collect on the back of dressers. Your vacuum attachments can get these areas cleaned easily. Using glass cleaner, clean your mirrors then wipe down the headboards and bedposts. Be sure to check up in the corners of your rooms to look for cobwebs as well as any air vents.
- Day 4- Bathrooms- Bathrooms need some extra cleaning since they can get nasty after a while. If you have a shower caddy in your bathtub, take it out and clean it good. Use a bathroom cleaner and old toothbrush to clean the showerhead. Remove everything from the sink area and countertops and clean with a bathroom cleaner. Pour some bleach in the toilet and let it set for 15 minutes before cleaning. Plus be sure to take this time to rotate any hba stock and clean out your make up supply if needed. I also make a list of what we are low on to watch for deals.
- Day 5- Kitchen- The kitchen is another room in the home that gets dirty and fast. Start with the fridge, take everything out of it, remove the shelves and drawers and clean them. Then wash the interior of the fridge with cleaner, sponge and pail of warm water. Clean the exterior of the fridge, especially the handles. If you have a self-cleaning oven, this part will be easy. If you don’t have one, use a cleaner and follow the directions. Take the tray out of the microwave and wash with warm, soapy water and clean the inside of the microwave. Clean all the spots and spills in drawers and cabinets. Then, take everything off the counter and clean with a kitchen cleaner.
- Day 6- Floors- Use a vacuum to clean under the kitchen furniture and in places that are hard to reach. Use hot water and cleaner to mop the floors. Wipe down the baseboards and use a sponge to clean the corners and edges of the floor.
- Day 7- Rest- You are done your deep cleaning and deserve a day to rest and relax! Or go shopping to decorate your newlys cleaned spaces!
Ways for Deep Cleaning Your Home in Just 7 Days:
How often do you deep clean? Do you have any tips?
The following two tabs change content below.
Jenny is a SAHM to three kids, as well as soccer coach, and Girl Scout leader. She is a lifetime Weight Watchers member, running enthusiast, and loves to work out! She and her kids have discovered a new passion for cooking.