School got out of school for us the second week of June, which is later then some schools around the country, but by the last week of June the kids were bored of breakfast! They were tired every day of things eat for breakfast and often the same thing quite often. Feeding the kids every meal at home can add up in the summer cost wise, they seem to think that they need to have every meal to be big like a normal dinner since they are home all the time!! I am thankful for apps like Ibotta that let me earn money back on some of their favorite foods, plus on new foods they are begging to try out. Right now you can buy 1 package of Foster Farms® Pancake Wraps and get $1.00 back.
As a mom I am constantly trying to think of ways to make their meals more exciting and less boring while on a budget and trying to show them frugal fun. I have left it up to the kids and its fun to see how creative they can be to make new breakfast ideas.
Ways To Make Breakfast More Fun:
- Make breakfast into shapes so many of our family favorite foods can be made into shapes. Cookie cutters are great for cutting shapes into your food, especially since my knife skills aren’t up to par.
- Color the food Food coloring or food pens are a great way to dress up your food and to make breakfast fun. The kids love it when we color our pancakes and waffles rainbow colors; we have even made green eggs before.
- Fun Place Settings We hit up the dollar store quite often to get different patterned paper plates, cups, and napkins for our meals.
- Eat outside The weather here has been amazing here so we have taken to eating a lot of meals outside. The kids love the fresh air and it makes the meals exciting to carry everything outside. Plus they have noticed we have the same birds on our fence everyday they have named as well.
- Put it on a stick Anything that you can put on toothpick or eat with a toothpick makes it more exciting for the kids.
On a recent trip to Walmart we found the Foster Farms® Pancake Wraps in the freezer section. My kids are obsessed with corn dogs so this was a great new food for us to try out for breakfast. I love how quickly and easy it is to make plus the kids loved the taste of the food as well. Plus we got a $1 back from Ibotta.
What do you do to keep breakfast interesting over the summer?
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Activities for Under $10 That Kids Will Love To Do! - February 20, 2017
- Easy Family Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Easy Valentines Day Popcorn! - February 13, 2017