The past two weeks I have noticed how much my family can’t seem to unplug! The weather here in Washington has been so beautiful and yet my kids don’t want to turn off the TV or the video games. I remember being their age and we were always fighting our mom to let us play outside. I have noticed once I can get my kids outside that they seem to forget about the electronics. It’s just a matter of getting them to unplug themselves from the devices!
Ways To Unplug As A Family To Connect:
- Games- When was the last time the whole family sat down to play a board game?? If your family is old enough up the stakes and lock the phones up, and whoever is the first one to cave and check their phone owes everyone money or a chore!
- Walk- Turn the phone off and go for music less walk. It’s amazing to hear the conversation your kids can come up or play games while they are out for a walk.
- Home Improvement- My kids love to do things like paint and yardwork so why not encourage their creativity. Plus doing work like this is a great way to help foster great habits!
- Cook A Meal Together- Sounds easy but have you cooked lately without a phone?? I am always referring to mine, and have realized my kids have no clue how to use cookbooks.
My family loves JOLLY TIME Pop Corn, and right now you can take the Unplug Pop Connect pledge!! As well as committing to this as a family you as will receive a high value coupon or win a prize!! Plus follow JOLLY TIME Pop Corn on Facebook to keep up to date on their promotions!
How do you help your family unplug? What family activities do you take part in while unplugged?
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Activities for Under $10 That Kids Will Love To Do! - February 20, 2017
- Easy Family Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Easy Valentines Day Popcorn! - February 13, 2017