So you may remember my post from last year -> HERE about turning 30 and hitting my lifetime weight watchers goal. Well I write this about 10 months after hitting goal with Weight Watchers and now working back towards goal again. While while it sucks I know it would be a lot worse without running and habits I picked up on the journey up until this point. And it’s important to remember once you hit goal your journey continues it’s just different. Since hitting goal I have turned 30 and 31, ran my first 5k, ran my first half marathon, and ran my first marathon…. I hated running before I joined Weight Watchers. It’s important to know while you going in thinking you will lose weight you actually do way more than that!!
What You Hear But Don’t Believe
- 80% of your weight loss is mental and retaining y our self. We are creatures of habit and we hate change. Believe me big mental challenges were had by me.
- Life happens all the freaking time! I wish while I was losing weight I hadn’t been so hard on myself and even now. I have issues accepting I won’t be successful or as much as I want to be and then I go off the deep end with my food relationship again.
- Your leader and everyone in the room are there to support you. Plus you never know when you will be a support for someone else in the room. I held off for a long time chatting with people at my meetings and opening up. Now my running partner came from the meetings and we are able to lean on each other for support with weight loss and our running training.
My markers and sharpies got a workout today!! Labeled and reorganized all my bins prefilled protein shakers. So close to goal needled to get my bead back in the game and stop letting life destroy my food habits #fitfam #fitlife #fitmom #fitbit #weightwatchers #weightlossjourney #newyearnewme #becauseitworks #wwfam #wwmafia #wwsisterhood #ww360 #inspiration #motivation
A photo posted by Jennifer Juro (@pennypincherjen) on
What I Want To Share With Others
- Take the time to identify your struggles. I know now that certain stress factors in life can make me turn to food and have found a friend that I can call when I just need to get whatever out. She will listen to what ever crazy comes out laugh and ask me if I feel better. 95% of the time this is a great way for me to get over and move on from issues.
- Seriously a good food scale, measuring cups, and spoons. You would be surprised at how much you over guess what your serving size really is. It was a shocker to me to see what a real serving size was!
- Planning yes it is key ad it also make sticking on plan so much easier!!! I take time once a week to weigh and measure snacks, meats, cheese, and meal plan out my food. Plus making sure you have the right foods in your house as well for success!
- Enjoy life!!! Seriously you can become obsessive over food and forget to take time to enjoy life and experiences. I went to Maui during my weight loss journey and I went with a plan, control breakfast and lunch and fully enjoy dinner. I still enjoyed the huge Hula pie we had for dessert and yes I blew points but were else will you have that?
Now my before and afters are 2 years apart there were up and downs but so do does life. I found it very motivating to have a picture on my fridge of how far i had come I updated my progress picture there often to keep my self going.
Do you have any advice to someone starting ww?
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Activities for Under $10 That Kids Will Love To Do! - February 20, 2017
- Easy Family Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Easy Valentines Day Popcorn! - February 13, 2017