Summer is coming and there is no running and hiding from this small little fact! I am sure like many other moms I am sitting here realizing that short and swimsuit season is right around the corner!! I know this winter/early spring has been time packed and I have put my own needs behind the kid’s schedule. This conversation is sponsored by Planet Fitness, regardless all opinions and thoughts are my own.
As a single mom, the cost of a gym membership can add up fast, plus add into that fact that it can be hard to get out of the house at normal times to get a workout in. I am blessed I have the chance to work at home opening up more times, but being able to get to a gym that I am comfortable in can be a bit intimidating, my goals don’t align with the environment of many other gyms I am there to get healthy not be pressured into buying any other services. I was so excited when in July 2016 Planet Fitness came into my city!! I joined during their grand opening sale and haven’t had any regrets.
Reasons Why Every Mom Needs A Gym Membership:
Stress Relief- We all know how stressful it is being a mom, what better way to work out stress than moving and burning calories.
Expecting-Mom Benefits – A great way to stay toned while pregnant just be sure to know your limits and pay attention to your body. This simple tip can ensure that your pregnancy is a healthy and happy one.
New-Mom Benefits- It is important that the first six weeks after delivery is primarily a time for healing, but you can also start to ease back into exercise. The most important thing is to find time to move. That’s it. No need to make it any more complicated than that. You don’t need to set some arbitrary deadline to achieve a particular goal. Just make some time for yourself and engage in an activity you love.
Moms of Older Children- Use the gym to work on healthy lifestyle choices. Staying active is important and it sets a great example to your children to see that you are active and make yourself a priority.
Long Term Health Benefits- Weight-bearing exercise is important for long-term health. Let’s not forget to strength train given the prevalence of osteopenia, osteoporosis (bone loss), and sarcopenia (muscle loss) as we age.
Why Planet Fitness???
- Planet Fitness fosters a Judgement Free Zone® – a non-intimidating, hassle-free, welcoming environment that makes everyone feel comfortable. There aren’t any high-pressure sales people.
- Planet Fitness focuses on general fitness and caters to “everyday people” – first time or occasional gym users rather than just fitness fanatics or body builders.
- Many clubs are open and staffed 24/7.
- All clubs have spacious locker rooms and friendly staff.
- Unlimited small-group fitness training is included in all memberships by a certified trainer through the pe @ pf® program.
- There are more than 1,300 locations across the country, so it’s probably closer than you think. To find a club near you, visit: http://planetfitness.com/local-clubs.
- Planet Fitness also provides members with an opportunity to connect and support each other with “Planet of Triumphs,” an online community that celebrates all accomplishments and inspirational stories of Planet Fitness members. Planet of Triumphs provides an online platform for members to recognize their triumphs (big or small), share their stories and encourage others, reinforcing their belief that ‘everyone belongs.’
Even better right now through May 12, new members can join any Planet Fitness location for just $5 down and then $10 a month with no commitment. How amazing is that? I know as a single mom it is important for me to budget and save where ever I can, let’s face it gym access for $10 a month is a killer deal! Head on over –here to find a club near you or you can head on over -> here to see more about Planet Fitness! Why do you go to the gym? What’s your must have in a gym?
The content provided by Planet Fitness is designed for educational purposes only. You should not rely on this information as a substitute for, nor does it replace, professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. You should consult your physician or other health care professional before following any fitness advice to determine if it is right for your needs.