I may receive a commission for purchases made through links in this post. The weather has been so amazing this year!! We have been having so much fun with trying out new recipes and cooking with new meats on the grill. When we had made the Coke Grilled BBQ Wings we loved how amazing the coke was on the chicken and then also how amazing the bbq sauce tied into it. We had recently gotten a charcoal grill so we went ahead and ordered a Classic Stainless-Steel Beercan ChickCAN Rack to try out a new way of grilling chicken.
Coca Cola Butt BBQ Chicken Ingredients
- ½ can of Coca-Cola in can
- Season All
- Your Favorite BBQ Sauce
- Whole Chicken
- Classic Stainless-Steel Beercan ChickCAN Rack
- ¼-1/2 small/med potato
- Tray for Under Chicken
Coca Cola Butt BBQ Chicken Directions
- Fire up your grill and let it warm up
- Prep the chicken to be grilled. We removed the chicken innards you can use these on something else but I didn’t plan ahead. My husband said he would make soup next time, personally I had no idea those were in a whole chicken.
- Place the ¼-1/2 potato in the neck ofo the chicken to keep the juices sealed into it.
- Pour ½ the Coca Cola into a glass to enjoy!
- Place the ½ full Coca Cola can into the Classic Stainless-Steel Beercan ChickCAN Rack
- Position the chicken on the rack
- Season with the seasoning of your choice we did season all
- I suggest placing a baking sheet under the chicken we started out iwht no tray and the chicken bottom kept catching the flame of the grill.
- Place the chicken on the rack on the grill and allow it to cook. Be sure to use a meat thermometer to verify the meat is cooked all the way through.
- Once almost done cover the chicken in the bbq sauce and allow it to cook a bit longer to to allow it to caramelize and flavor a bit.
We served this up with some mashed potatoes and grilled corn on the cob. Have you cooked chicken like this before?
Follow Penny Pincher Jenny’s board Penny Pincher Jenny Recipes!! on Pinterest.
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Amazing Weight Watchers Snacks to Try out! - April 20, 2018
- Pink Fluff Dessert Easy and Perfect For Potlucks!! - April 18, 2018
- Ultimate List of Tasty Pillsbury Bread Recipes - April 10, 2018