Cornflake chicken strips has become a new favorite in our house!! I haven’t found much to variate the recipe I found on Window on the Prairie this recipe has all of our favorites chicken, cereal, cheese, garlic, and butter!! My husband thinks if we throw some hot sauce in with the butter it will be yummy! We served this up with some Mac and cheese and cornbread! The kids were in heaven and I loved the fact that the chicken was baked and not fried!!
- 2 ½ pounds chicken strips (or boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips)
- 1 ½ cups corn flake crumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese *we did a tad bit more
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 ¼ sticks butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Then put the corn flakes into a gallon plastic zipper bag, close the bag, and roll over it with a rolling pin to turn the flakes into crumbs. (Great step for kids to do) Crush the corn flakes till you have at least 1 ½ cups of crumbs. Dump the crumbs into a mixing bowl.Then add in the parmesan, pepper, garlic salt, and other spices of your liking.
- Melt your butter in a microwave safe bowl
- Line cookie sheet with foil!
- Dip each strip in butter and coat itThen roll stip in the cornflake mixture Place stip on pan
- My strips ended up super close and cooked great. Once all are coated put pan in over for 25 minutes
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Low Smartpoints Snacks For Weight Watchers Under 3 Points - January 21, 2018
- Garlic Parmesan Biscuit Pull Apart Bread - January 20, 2018
- Fun & Creative Valentine’s Day Decoration Ideas!! - January 19, 2018