This post is sponsored by Amwell. All opinions are my own and factual to my experience with the app.
One thing that is valuable to any mom, besides our kids, is time. I mean let’s face it. How much do we have going on with running our households, the kids, and our own jobs? Time is a valuable thing you just don’t have enough of! I don’t know about you, but making time to get myself in to see a doctor just doesn’t happen. Especially during the summer! It can be so hard to drag three kids with you to the doctors and then have them behave there. I am sure I don’t have to go any further.
With having scaled back on a lot of my expenses, I have lost my support group meetings for weight loss and have been struggling to figure out my diet. I was so excited to learn about Amwell — and realize that using promo code TELEVISIT27 allows you to talk to a nutritionist for $1! This code is good on your first visit for anything with Amwell!
I asked the nutritionist about what to do to lose weight. Some things I learned from my nutritionist chat are so easy to do! Now, like any doctors appointment, I was still kinda nervous. I made sure I was prepared. I had taken the time to really track my diet and exercise the week leading up to this so I knew exactly what my habits were and could convey them to the nutritionist. She was super friendly, so it was easy to talk to her through the video chat!
Easy Nutrition Tips:
- You need to be exercising at least 5 times a week for a total of 60 minutes per day. Break up the time if need, be but squeeze it in whenever you can.
- Eat three meals a day. Skipping a meal can lead to overeating and slowing down your metabolism. Plus, three meals a day will help you to burn fuel efficiently.
- Breakfast should be a balance of protein with some carbohydrates. She advised me to change up my usual English muffin with peanut butter or protein shake by adding in fruit and a carbohydrate with my protein shake. She also said to have 300 to 400 calories for breakfast to get my day off to a good start.
- Use the plate visual method for dinner and lunch. Use a nine-inch plate and make half of the plate full of non-starchy vegetable, one-quarter of the plate filled with 3 to 4 ounces of lean protein, fill the final quarter of the plate with starch grain (either a cup’s worth of whole pasta, brown rice, or quinoa).
- Snacks are a great way to curb hunger and to keep you going. Make sure they are a balanced source of protein and carbohydrates to combat your hunger longer. Examples she gave me are: apples or bananas with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter or some crackers with cheese.
- She said there is no set guidelines for an amount of water to have every day. She said to keep an eye on the color of your urine. Keep for it to be clear or a light lemonade color. If the urine gets darker, drink more water.
The best part of Amwell is that you make this all happen from home — on your schedule! Since I work from home I am slightly more flexible, but I have kids that I have to make sure can be quiet. But no worries! Amwell doctors are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!! That means I can talk with a doctor at 2am if I need to. When you log on, you can see who is available for what you need help with. There is a long list of what you can contact Amwell doctors for. And each chat is only $49. That’s much cheaper than an ER or urgent care visit (on my insurance). Even better, your insurance may lower what you pay for Amwell too! Plus you don’t have to sit in a waiting room with sick people and with kids.
Amwell can see you for a long list of health care needs including:
- Sinus infection
- Sore throat
- Urinary tract infection
- Sprains and strains
- Respiratory infection
- Depression & Anxiety
- Weight concerns
- Smoking cessation
Have you used Amwell before? Don’t forget you can head on over -> here and use promo code TELEVISIT27 to have your first visit for a $1! Plus you can see -> here how they are transforming healthcae in the recent Wall Street Journal articlle, making them the Amazon of healthcare!
What do you do to keep your diet and exercise on track as a busy mom?
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- 2 Ingredient Fudge a Simple Dessert - January 23, 2018
- Low Smartpoints Snacks For Weight Watchers Under 3 Points - January 21, 2018
- Garlic Parmesan Biscuit Pull Apart Bread - January 20, 2018