I know I don’t have to really say it but, Cancer SUCKS! My family has been hit hard by this disease the past year and a half, my grandfather passed away quickly from it, my Aunt had breast cancer, and I had another uncle pass as well from cancer. I can’t tell you how thankful I am my children are healthy, this past year has brought an eye opener to us all how hard cancer is on families. Thank you to Extended Stay America for sending us Hope, the teddy bear, and for sponsoring this post, regardless all opinions are factual to our stay at the hotel.
As hard as cancer is on adults it always seems to be worse when a child has it. We were able to stay at Extended Stay America back in June (see our post ->here on why you should stay there). While we were there Kylie saw the signs for the Hope bear in the elevator! She proclaimed Hope “totes adorbs” and thought it was great the bear is from Build A Bear. However, once our Hope bear arrived at the house Isabella has declared the bear to be hers!
Did you know that every year over 10,000 children under the age of 15 are diagnosed with cancer? These diagnoses can completely turn a family’s life upside down. I love that in an effort to bring awareness to the issue, Extended Stay America is introducing Hope. Hope, the teddy bear, is a cuddly symbol of kindness and comfort. Extended Stay America – through the support of their guests – is committing to providing 10,000 Hope bears to children’s hospitals throughout America with the simple goal of bringing a smile to the face of a child battling cancer.
How And Why For The Hope Bears:
- Did you know that for just $10 you can have a Hope bear can be delivered to a child battling cancer? Through working with the American Cancer Society®, Extended Stay America will provide bears to children’s hospitals nationwide starting in September 2017.
- You can buy one for your self or a loved one only $19.99
- For every Hope bear purchased, Extended Stay America will donate $5.00 to the American Cancer Society toward pediatric cancer research.
You can head on over -> here to see more details about Hope and how the program works. Who would you send a Hope bear to?
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Low Smartpoints Snacks For Weight Watchers Under 3 Points - January 21, 2018
- Garlic Parmesan Biscuit Pull Apart Bread - January 20, 2018
- Fun & Creative Valentine’s Day Decoration Ideas!! - January 19, 2018