Can you believe the holidays are almost here??? If you are like me sometimes deep cleaning just doesn’t happen when it should or when it needs to! Thankfully there are a couple ways you can make sure that you look like you have done the cleaning without to much effort! (I have included links to some great products that I have bought on my own to make my life easier. You can buy them too through my online sales links.)
It’s no surprise that busy moms and kids sometimes equals a messy house. While most people understand that, there is always that chosen few that don’t. Surprise visitors might be from that group of people. Fortunately, it’s very easy to fake a “clean” house if you have company coming over and don’t have time to do a deep clean.
Here’s How To Fake A Clean House:
First, human brains process things in strange ways sometimes and generally? As long as your house smells clean? People will think it probably is.
- Be sure all trash bags are taken out so that last night’s dinner doesn’t come back to haunt you
- Be sure that all litter boxes are scooped and fresh and that your sinks are clean
- Clean your garbage disposal quickly drop some orange or lemon rinds down it and pulverize them
- Spray down the furniture and curtains with Febreze and straighten the throw pillows.
- Hide a few bowls of baking soda in each room to help absorb any odors that might be lingering.
Pick Up Clutter Next, you’ll need to pick up any major clutter that is on the floor, tables or counter. With kids, they can easily pick up a habit of tossing things wherever so make sure that you pick it up really quickly. To get the kids involved, play the 10 minute tidy game to see who can pick up the most stuff in 10 minutes.
Spot sweep and mop – While you don’t need to go through your entire house with a vacuum and broom, you should do a spot sweep. Quickly scan each room for any noticeable problem areas and sweep them. Do the same with the mop and your non-carpeted floors. Getting the messes that stand up and scream “NOTICE ME!” will go a long way to faking it. This is where a sniffer with the wet pads come in handy since the have a scent to them as well!
Finally, make sure that your kitchen counters and sinks are clean. People can often “think” that an entire house is dirty just because there are dirty dishes in the sink. If time is super short before company arrives, you can shove them into an oven to hide them, then wipe the counters down and the sinks out. You can (and should) always go back to the dishes after your company leaves and they will be out of the way while company is visiting.
Faking a clean house isn’t something you should need to do every time someone shows up, but it is something most of us have do to at least once or twice. Follow the tips above and your house will appear to be clean and tidy!
Do you have any other tips for faking a clean house? I’d love to hear them!
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Amazing Weight Watchers Snacks to Try out! - April 20, 2018
- Pink Fluff Dessert Easy and Perfect For Potlucks!! - April 18, 2018
- Ultimate List of Tasty Pillsbury Bread Recipes - April 10, 2018