This post was sponsored by Boys & Girls Clubs of America as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
It is no secret that being active is an important factor in any one’s lives, but especially important for kids as well. It can be so much harder during the winter months and school year to make sure your kids are getting adequate exercise. I know when I was growing up as Air Force dependent that we had a Boys & Girls Clubs of America on the base to go to. Year round we had access to a gym, skating, and sports leagues helping us to stay active.
Tips To Keeping Kids Active In the Winter:
- Mall walking it’s fun to window shop and it doesn’t feel like exercise
- Park further from the buildings little steps add up
- Indoor obstacle course
- Roller skating rinks
- Ice skating rinks
- Find fall/winter sports leagues for the kids to join in on
Have you heard of Boys & Girls Clubs of America??
- The Boys & Girls Clubs provides a fun safe place that is also affordable for the kids to go to for after-school programs!
- They are run by caring, trained professionals with programs and activities while serving 4 million kids and teens every year!!
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s (BGCA) mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. Clubs believe every child deserves a great future, and help youth achieve this through three pillars – academic success, good character & citizenship, and healthy lifestyles.
Now, what is Triple Play program? This is something I love that Boys & Girls Clubs are doing for the youth. They have partnered with Anthem Foundation and The Coca-Cola Company to offer the Triple Play program to kids and teens in its Clubs across the country. The Triple Play program focuses on three components of health and wellness – mind, body, and soul. I love that it is empowering kids and teens to excel by giving them the tools and education they need to lead a life of health and wellness, setting them on a path to a great future. Head on over-> here to see more details!!
How do you keep your kids active in the colder months?? Have you checked out the Boys & Girls programs before?
Be sure to also follow:
- Boys and Girls Club of America Facebook page -> here
- Boys and Girls Club of America Twitter Page-> here
- Boys and Girls Club of America Instagram Page-> here
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Easy Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad - February 20, 2018
- Easy Low Carb Keto Bagels - February 17, 2018
- Why Give Jewelry From 7 Charming Sisters As A Gift Plus 15% off Promo Code!!! - February 13, 2018