These Peanut Butter Cup cookies are my all time favorite!! My mom makes these every Christmas, and sadly she told me this year I was on my own!!! They require a lot some work but is worth it!!! The worst part is unwrapping all the Peanut Butter cups!!! Don’t forget you need at least 70 mini peanut butter cups.
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups creamy Peanut Butter (1- 18 oz. jar)
- 1 cup Crisco shortening
- 2 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 6 TBLSP milk
- 2 TBLSP vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 70 mini Peanut Butter cups, unwrapped ahead of time!!!
- 12 oz. choc. chips (OR Red or green candy melts) This is for drizzling over cookies and can be skipped.
- Sprinkles (optional)
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies Directions:
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Place sheets of waxed paper on countertops UNDER cooling racks for you to drizzle the chocolate over the tops of finished cookies.
- Unwrap all Peanut Butter cups
- Throw in your mixer peanut butter, crisco, light brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs. Beat until JUST blended.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in separate bowl (or just dump in the same bowl). Add to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix until just blended.
- Drop a rounded tablespoon into cups of mini muffin tins, filling about 3/4 full. (I rolled mine into balls before placing in cups to allow for better shape.)
- Bake at 375 for 8-9 minutes JUST until set and barely brown. Cookies will be VERY tender and fragile at this point.
- Immediately take unwrapped PB cups and press one into the center of each cookie.
- Cool in mini muffin tin approximately 5 minutes then pop out if using Siliclone muffing tin (Or if using metal like my mom , then take the tip of a very thin knife (I use small paring knife) and gently run it around each cup to loosen)
- Remove cookies from pan and place cookies close together on wire rack over waxed paper. Bake all cookies before doing next step.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave, stirring after 1 minute and then again at 15 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Dip small spoon in melted chocolate and wave rapidly, but carefully, back and forth over all cookies. Repeat this process until cookies are well decorated, then decorate with sprinkles if desired.
- Allow chocolate to set. 20 minutes in fridge should work.
- Enjoy now or freeze until solid in a single layer on a tray, then put in double wrapped foil/ziplocs.
- Makes about 70 cookies.
The following two tabs change content below.
Hello! I am Jenny a WAHM to 3 active kids. Together we cook, save money and find ways to stay healthy as a family. Cleaning, Weight Watchers and thrift store shopping are just a few of my favorite things.
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Amazing Weight Watchers Snacks to Try out! - April 20, 2018
- Pink Fluff Dessert Easy and Perfect For Potlucks!! - April 18, 2018
- Ultimate List of Tasty Pillsbury Bread Recipes - April 10, 2018