This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ad #MakeHeartburnHistory #CollectiveBias
It’s that time of year the holidays!! Now with life always changing we have been working to evolve our old traditions into new traditions. The kids took to Pinterest and searched for Christmas dinners!! One meat kept popping up prime rib, now we have been trying new meats but this is one the kids and I haven’t had. Well, we didn’t want to have our Christmas dinner with a meat we weren’t sure we liked so we had to give it a test run and timed it over the weekend watching football.
Now something the kids don’t have to worry about is heartburn, I however since Isabella’s pregnancy has been plagued by it, good food I know I will suffer!!! I picked up my Nexium® 24HR Capsules 42ct up at Walgreens. I love shopping there and it makes it easy to pick up what I need this time of year! Did you know that Nexium ® 24HR, with just one pill a day, gets you all-day, all-night protection from frequent heartburn? **Use as directed. *May take 1-4 days for full effect.* With holiday stress and the good food season in full swing, I picked up Nexium 24HR capsules in the 42 count box. Gotta plan ahead for the season — and for my amazing foods this year!!!
Smoked Prime Rib Ingredients
- Prime Rib Roast
- Smoker chips or disks
Now an important note about my roast was I picked mine up at a local butcher shop. They asked how I was cooking my roast and offered to season it!! The seasoning is what I was most nervous about so to have an expert do it was perfect. I also had the butch tie it up when he said it would help with flavor and cooking, he wasn’t wrong at all!
Smoked Prime Rib Directions:
- Season your prime rib roast and if possible let it set in the fridge for a day or more to allow the flavor to soak in.
- Now this is where you know your smoker and how to prep it for smoking. I use an electric smoker and prefer to use apple disks for smoking all my meat.
- Remove your chip holder, water bin, and racks out of your smoker and cap off your exhaust pipe if necessary
- Fire up the smoker by raising the temperature on the dial
- Fill the water dish and chip holder
- Place in your chips and once they start to smoke put in your water tray. I find I can get a good smoke faster by doing this method.
- Once your smoker gets hot enough and a smoke place in your prime rib roast on a rack. I kept my smoker at 150-200
- Roast for hours at least over 6 hours. We made the mistake of pulling it out to see if we could grill it faster to finish it off and it went up in flames, learn from our mistake don’t put it on the grill!
- Be sure to keep replacing your smoker chips and disks to keep the smoke going.
- We smoked ours to an internal temperature of 130, so be sure to look what temperature you want for how rare you want your meat.
There are no words to describe how amazing this was to eat!! But if you are like me heartburn is a worry, plan ahead cause this is amazing!
What is your go-to holiday food?? Head on over -> here to sign up for special offers and updates from Nexium ® 24HR!
**“May take 1 to 4 days for full effect.” “Use as directed”**
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Low Smartpoints Snacks For Weight Watchers Under 3 Points - January 21, 2018
- Garlic Parmesan Biscuit Pull Apart Bread - January 20, 2018
- Fun & Creative Valentine’s Day Decoration Ideas!! - January 19, 2018