Banana Bread has always intimidated me!! Don’t ask me why but it has! My kids over the years (and my husband) has depended on my mother to to provide them with this treat!!! My son was begging for banana bread so i caved and got the recipe from my mother!! I was so surprised how easy it was and I actually made it edible!! (That’s the shocker!!) I have been having fun testing pan vs metal for cooking and my family preferred the way the glass pan came out!
Now for the good stuff the recipe!!! I honestly smashed my bananas and then threw the rest in the bowl and went to town with my hand held mixer (I don’t have the patience for the mix this separately just more dishes to deal with)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 - 1 ¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3 very ripe, soft, darkly speckled bananas, mashed well (about 1 - 1 ½ cups)
- ¼ cup PLAIN yogurt
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 6 TBLSP butter, melted and Cooled
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Start with melting butter listed below to start cooling before starting!!
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour pan. Set aside.
- Mix mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs and melted/cooled butter and vanilla with
- wooden spoon in medium bowl. *I throw it in a bowl with my handheld mixer here and just keep going*Whisk flour, sugar, salt and walnuts in large bowl to combine, set aside. Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake until loaf is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean... about 55 minutes. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Then transfer to wire rack.
Follow PennyPincherJenny’s board Penny Pincher Jenny Recipes!! on Pinterest.
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Easy Cheesy Meatball Tater Tot Casserole - September 18, 2017
- Ways To Encourage And Support Your Student Athlete - September 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Spice Weight Watchers Muffins 1 PPV or 2 Smartpoints - September 10, 2017