Lime Cilantro Chicken is a Weight Watchers recipe that is a hit with the whole family!! (I have included links to some great products that I have bought on my own and we love. You can buy them as well through my online sales links) The “Green” things made my kids nervous but they loved the chicken and even ate the “green” things they didn’t want!! We chose to serve this over white rice with a side salad but it would also be really good with brown rice as well!! Be sure to follow me on -> Pinterest for more great recipes!! When I made this 4 ounces of cooked chicken worked out to 5 points plus value. My husband also used the left over chicken in a wrap the next day and I used some left over chicken as part of a salad for lunch!
Weight Watchers Lime Cilantro Chicken Recipe:
- Boneless Chicken I used two Zaycon breasts sliced into four parts
- Limes either 3 or four or I used juice to coat the chicken
- Garlic, 4 to 6 cloves or minced
- Olive Oil
- Cayenne or Chili Powder
- Cilantro, 1/4 cup, snipped
- Avocado, optional I skipped it however
- 1 Prepare the garlic, cilantro, and lime if needed. Cover the chicken lime juice. If you wish to cut a lime into wedges and slice the avocado tp lace on to the table.
- 2Cut the chicken into chunks. Or you can skip this and cook them whole but chunks cook faster.
- 3 Pour a little olive oil into a large skillet or saute pan, so its enough to now quite cover the bottom of the pan. Heat up the pan on a medium high heat so the pan is hot and then add the chicken and allow it to cook
- 4 When the chicken has browned on the bottom sprinkle it with the cummin and chili powder to taste and allow it to cook till the cooked white line is about halfway
- 5 Flip the chicken and allow to cook a couple more minutes to brown and then reduc the heat and sprinkle in the garlic and lemon zest. Stir it a litte and allow it cook with out the garlic burning.
- 6 Once chicken is cooked add lime juice and stir all up.
- 7. Place chicken in a bowl and sprinkle with cilantro.
- 8 Serve we ate ours with white rice
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Easy Cheesy Meatball Tater Tot Casserole - September 18, 2017
- Ways To Encourage And Support Your Student Athlete - September 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Spice Weight Watchers Muffins 1 PPV or 2 Smartpoints - September 10, 2017