Disclaimer I was given Spiral Slicer Spiralizer Complete Bundle – Vegetable Cutter – Zucchini Pasta Noodle Spaghetti Maker for reviewing purposes. No monetary compensation was given and all opinions are mine and truthful to the experiences in my kitchen. The links in this post are affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link
With following the Weight Watchers plan chicken is a staple in my meal plan=s!! I love finding new ways to prepare and the Cilantro Lime Chicken is still a long time favorite of ours. I decided to try serving this up with Zucchinin using the Spiral Slicer Spiralizer in place of rice and pasta plus since its a vegetable it adds zero points plus to the recipe itself.
I loved that this Spiral Slicer Spiralizer came in its own little bag and with the cleaning brush!! The round black part makes holding the zuchinni and spining it so easy as its not juicy like the Zucchini nad easy to slip up. Cleaning was a breeze I just ran it under water and rubbed it with the brush to get any small pieces of Zuchinni out and then placed it all in the dishwasher. Plus after ordering I recieved a cookbook via my AMazon email with more recipes and ideas!
Details from Amazon about Spiral Slicer Spiralizer:
- SUPERIOR VALUE for the Complete Spiralizer Bundle: The Kitchen Supreme Spiralizer + Flexible Cleaning Brush + Storage/Protective Bag + Spiral Slicer Recipes Digital Cookbook + Rapid Results Digital Guidebook – 101 Power Tips for a Fitter, Healthier You !
- VERSATILE: Create NOODLES and JULIENNE SPIRALS from a great variety of vegetables: Carrots, Zucchini, Cucumbers, Squash, Radish, Sweet And Regular Potatoes, and lots others. 2 Julienne Sizes (1/16″ x 3/32″ and 1/8″ x 3/16″)
- RELIABLE: Built from BPA-Free ABS Plastic and Heat-Treated Stainless Steel. Two High Class Japanese Razor Sharp Blades, guaranteed not to rust or loose sharpness qualities in time. Built-In Finger Guard Protection And Safety Cap. | CONVENIENT & USER FRIENDLY: Comes assembled and ready to use ! No Annoying Extra Attachment to set up, that take up your space and time. It’s Dishwasher safe and Compact, easily stored in the kitchen drawer. Super-easy to use !
- THE BEST CHOICE: Best spiral slicer for anyone on a Raw Food / Low Carb / Gluten Free / No Wheat / Paleo / DIET ! A PERFECT GIFT for Moms, Cooks and healthy-conscious people, making their life fun and easy. Most important for parents, it makes vegetables fun and attractive for children. PERFECT GIFT for FAMILY and FRIENDS !
- HELPS YOU TO: ENJOY YOUR MEALS, even if you are on a DIET (Raw, Vegan, Low Carb, Gluten-Free, No-Wheat, Paleo, etc.), REPLACE HIGH CARB Pasta or Noodles with healthy and colorful veggie ones, Get your picky CHILDREN and FAMILY to EAT plenty of healthy VEGETABLES in disguise, SAVE TIME from slicing, dicing and conventional julienning methods, CRAVE for VEGETABLES ! Your veggies will look mouth-watering and still keep nutrients and minerals alive. Buy with confidence: We have thousands of Happy Customers and over 300 positive reviews!
Using the spiralizer was extremely easy to use. We cut off both ends of the Zucchini and placed the Zucchini end in the Spiralizer and started turning. Once the end got to short we pushed the black end into the small chunk of Zucchini to make it stable and kept turning till it was gone. Bella got a kick out of the piece that was left of the Zucchini when we pulled it back out.
The only thing with points in the recipe is your chicken!! Making it a great and fulling low Points Plus Value dinner!
Cilantro Lime Chicken Zucchini Ingredients:
- Boneless Chicken I used two Zaycon breasts sliced into four parts
- Limes either 3 or four or I used juice to coat the chicken
- Garlic, 4 to 6 cloves or minced
- Olive Oil
- Cilantro, 1/4 cup, snipped
- Avocado, optional I skipped it however
Cilantro Lime Chicken Zucchini Directions:
- Prepare the garlic, cilantro, and lime if needed.
- Cover the chicken lime juice. If you wish to cut a lime into wedges and slice the avocado to place on to the table.
- Cut the chicken into chunks. Or you can skip this and cook them whole but chunks cook faster.
- Pour a little olive oil into a large skillet or saute pan, so its enough to now quite cover the bottom of the pan. Heat up the pan on a medium high heat so the pan is hot and then add the chicken and allow it to cook
- When the chicken has browned on the bottom sprinkle it with the Cumin to taste and allow it to cook till the cooked white line is about halfway
- While this is cooking start spiraling your Zucchini to be ready to go into the pan to cook to be mixed with the chicken
- Flip the chicken and allow to cook a couple more minutes to brown and then reduce the heat and sprinkle in the garlic and lemon zest. Stir it a little and allow it cook with out the garlic burning.
- Once chicken is cooked add lime juice and stir all up.
- Remove the chicken to a bowl and put a little more olive oil in the pan carefully and add in the Zucchini.
- Stir the Zucchini till it starts to brown a little and add more spices as desired.
- Put chicken back in the pan to mix it up and add more Cilantro and serve!