Chicken is a STAPLE in my house!! Since joining Weight Watchers and beginning weight lifting my chicken in take has increased by at least 10 times! Cooking chicken can be extremely time-consuming, I love using shredded chicken on my salads, in casseroles, sandwiches, and just for snacks with apples!! (I have included links to some great products that I have bought on my own and we love. You can buy them as well through my online sales links) I love making Crock Pot Shredded Chicken to freeze in bulk for quick meals and to save time making dinner! Plus I get to use my -> Crock Pot and my big red -> Kitchen Aid Mixer! (Yes I color coordinate my kitchen appliances with the decor in my house) Typically when I pick up my Zaycon orders I will have the Crock Pots pulled out and filled to cook chicken when I get home! (Don’t know what Zaycon is check out my post -> here)
Crock Pot Shredded Chicken Directions:
- Spray your Crock Pot with non stick spray (I use my -> home made spray)
- Fill your Crock Pot with 1/4 parts of broth and 3/4 parts of water. Or water with some chicken bullion.
- Place in your boneless skinlless chicken breasts and cover with lid
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours till chicken is done
- Remove chicken from Crock Pot and place in Kitchen Aid Mixer
- Mix on low with paddle attachment till you reach the “shredded” level you want. The longer or faster it goes the finer the shred is on the chicken.
- *You can add some juice into the mix chicken for moisture*
- Portion out to freeze in bags using a Food Saver or I use Snapware containers
This is a HUGE time saver for me. I also bulk cook my -> ground beef to save a ton of time for cooking dinners during the week!
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Activities for Under $10 That Kids Will Love To Do! - February 20, 2017
- Easy Family Movie Night - February 17, 2017
- Easy Valentines Day Popcorn! - February 13, 2017