It is amazing how much eating out can add up for my family, and not to mention the fact you have no control over the ingredients!! Once I started Weight Watchers I was a lot more aware of ingredients and cooking processes!! Enter in Weight Watchers Chicken Fried Rice, this is the kids favorite to order when we eat out at restaurants so it’s perfect to whip up at home. I received the product in exchange for my honest opinion I also included affiliate link that benefits this site when ordered through them.
Weight Watchers Chicken Fried Rice is on the menu in our house at least once a month. I use several pans to create my chicken fried rice and all of them are non-stick!! When I was given the chance to review Bamboo Style’s Premium Bamboo 6 Piece Cooking Utensils Kitchen Utensils I knew this would be the perfect recipe to test these out with, plus I have now owned these for 3 years and they are still holding up great!! I have since also bought other bamboo utensils and haven’t looked back! They are great for cooking and baking with.
After I opened the utensils my daughter Isabella decided they made great “kitchen flowers.” Luckily I love how great they look in this unused utensil canister that they have stayed there!! Functional and I think they add a great touch to the kitchen visually!
A good knife is so important in the kitchen now thank goodness for Amazon!! I use the reviews all the time since I am not the best at picking out kitchen equipment so I heavily rely on review ratings. Plus I picked up a 5-star chef knife on Amazon for under $10, plus you can order one on Amazon so you don’t even have to leave the house, order and bam UPS man is at the door saving dinner time for you when you use Amazon Prime 2 day delivery! (Don’t have Prime? You NEED for easy online shopping!!)
And now for how these hold up in the kitchen cooking!!! First I always start the white rice in my rice cooker, I suck at cooking rice on the stove so this has been a huge saver! I always start making my chicken by chopping it up and cooking it in a large nonstick skillet. I add a bit of olive oil to the pan heat with some I up on medium-high heat and let the chicken cook all the way through. I love how well these worked on the pans plus they are strong enough I was able to cut the chicken even more while it was cooking and not damage the pan!! Plus they worked great for serving as well. They are a great value for the money and something I use daily in my kitchen now!
Weight Watchers Chicken Fried Rice Ingredients:
- Chicken breasts diced (I chopped up Zaycon Chicken Breasts)
- Prepared white rice
- Scrambled eggs
- Green Onion
- Olive Oil
- Minced garlic
- Soy sauce
Weight Watchers Chicken Fried Rice Directions:
Prepare your white rice I throw mine in a rice cooker to make while doing the rest of the steps
Dice up your chicken
In a frying pan warm up some olive oil and minced garlic
Start to cook up your chicken
In another pan scramble your eggs (I just do a dozen when making a big batch for the family)
Chop up your green onion
Prepare your carrots and peas
Once your chicken is done start to assemble. With tracking points I I always assemble mine separately so I can measure and then mix together to serve to the rest of the family.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- Rice (Either brown or white)
- Green Onions
- Carrots *I used shredded*
- Green Peas
- Olive Oil
- More veggies if you choose
- Soy Sauce
- **Eggs we were out that day**
- Prepare your rice either on the stove top or in a rice cooker
- While the rice is finishing start to prepare your chicken. Dice it up (I do my green onions at the same time on a smaller cutting board) and begin to cook it on the stove top in a bit o olive oil.
- Cook the chicken thoroughly while warming up your peas I use the steamer bags and also warm your green onions and carrots as well (I use a small frying pan to warm them up)
- Measure out how much rice you want and weigh the chicken for your serving size as well as the peas (peas have point) mix.
This was a serving I had made the last time I blogged this using Points Plus. Below is my serving with Smart Points. You can give yourself wiggle room when assembling by including more or less of this and that to your liking. Be sure to confirm your Points Value with the recipe builder.
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Easy Cheesy Meatball Tater Tot Casserole - September 18, 2017
- Ways To Encourage And Support Your Student Athlete - September 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Spice Weight Watchers Muffins 1 PPV or 2 Smartpoints - September 10, 2017